So far, Virat Kohli, Amitabh Bachchan, Modi, Hrithik, Kiren Rijiju, Piyush Goyal have taken up the challenge.
Latest News : Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday accepted a fitness challenge by cricketer Virat Kohli saying that he will soon post a personal fitness video. Earlier on Wednesday, Kohli, in a tweet, challenged Modi in a fitness campaign initiated by Information and Broadcasting Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore on social media.
“Challenge accepted, Virat! I will be sharing my own #FitnessChallenge video soon,” Modi tweeted on the initiative called the ‘Hum Fit Toh India Fit’ challenge.
On Wednesday, Kohli, who posed for his fitness video in a gym, tweeted: “I have accepted the #FitnessChallenge by @ra_THORe (Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore) sir. Now I would like to challenge my wife @AnushkaSharma , our PM @narendramodi ji and @msdhoni Bhai for the same. #HumFitTohIndiaFit #ComeOutAndPlay.” Earlier, the Olympian shooter Rathore initiated an online fitness campaign and posted his exercise regime on the social media.
He further challenged Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan, cricketer Virat Kohli and badminton player Saina Nehwal to post their respective fitness mantras on the social media.
So far, Kohli, Amitabh Bachchan, PM Modi, Hrithik Roshan, Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju, and Union Finance Minister Piyush Goyal have taken up the challenge and posted messages and videos supporting the cause.
After Virat Kohli’s ‘Fitness Challenge’, Rahul Gandhi dares Narendra Modi to cut petrol prices on Business Standard. So far, Virat Kohli, Amitabh Bachchan, Modi, Hrithik, Kiren Rijiju, Piyush Goyal have taken up the challenge.
Rathore does push-ups to spread fitness message ‘Fitness Challenge‘:
- Rathore made a pitch for exercise on Twitter and urged netizens to share pictures and videos on the site to show how they kept fit.
- “Whenever I see the prime minister, I get inspired…He wants all of India to be fit,” Rathore said in the video.
- “Post pictures and videos of how you keep yourself fit and send a #FitnessChallenge to your friends on social media,” he tweeted.
Rahul dares PM for ‘Fuel Challenge‘:
- As Narendra Modi accepted an online fitness challenge from Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli, Congress president Rahul Gandhi was quick to dare the prime minister for a “fuel challenge”, asking him to reduce the spiralling fuel prices in the country or face a nationwide stir by his party.
- “Dear PM, Glad to see you accept the @imVkohli fitness challenge. Here’s one from me: Reduce fuel prices or the Congress will do a nationwide agitation and force you to do so. I look forward to your response,” Gandhi wrote on Twitter using the hashtag ‘FuelChallenge’.